How to reach us
- You can reach us by car, public transport, train or plane.
- The office of the chair Lehrstuhl Informatik 13 can be found at room 2.020 on the second floor of building Otto-Hahn-Straße 12.
- Here is a map of Technologie Park Dortmund and
directions at Google maps.
At the map of "Technologie Park Dortmund" you find the main entrance marked with an arrow and the S-Bahn station "Universität".
- If you need assistance please call our secretary Ute-Kristine Winter.
It will be her pleasure to answer your request or to help you in any other way.
Phone: 0049 (231) 755 7270. Or send an E-mail: ute-kristine.winter [ at ] cs.tu-dortmund.de.
- Input for your route guidance system (satnav): "Otto-Hahn-Straße 12, 44227 Dortmund".
- Here you find directions at Google maps.
- Please take a look at the schematic overwiew
of the most important motorways directing to TU Dortmund (A40, A43, A44, A45 and highway B1).
- The current traffic state and a forecast can be found at
(English legend on the left side).
- You can use an online map
including directions for travelling by car.
- From North (A45): Exit Dortmund-Eichlinghofen.
- From East (the A44 changes into B1):
Exit on Dortmund-Dorstfeld/Universität.
- From South (A45): Exit Dortmund-Eichlinghofen.
- From West (A40): Exit on Dortmund-Dorstfeld/Universität.
- In any case, please follow the way to "Technologie Park Dortmund".
- Use parking directly in front of building Otto-Hahn-Straße 12
(main entrance is marked on this map).
By public transport
- Public local transport connections to TU Dortmund including time table and prices can be found at
Verkehrsverband Rhein Ruhr VRR.
- Your destination station is "Dortmund Universität S" which is located at Campus Nord.
- The connection between Campus Nord and Technologie Park Dortmund is called H-Bahn and
your destination is "Technologie Park Dortmund" which is in walking distance from building Otto-Hahn-Straße 12 (3 minutes).
- The H-Bahn leaves every 10 minutes and takes 3 minutes.
- Price level A is valid for trips within one fare zone.
In those cities which span two fare zones (e.g. Dortmund), price level A is valid for travel in the entire city.
A singe trip for one adult price level A costs 2,30 EUR and has a maximum validity time of 90 minutes, so H-Bahn is included.
- You can use Bus 462 Huckarde from to destination "Dortmund Universität" to "Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Straße" as well (walking distance 1 minute).
Directions to TU Dortmund including time table and prices for travellers by train can be found at
Deutsche Bahn DB
- Your trains destination station is Dortmund Universität.
- Deutsche Bahn also offers local and regional services with the S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Straßenbahn trams and/or buses.
- From Dortmund Hbf take city-railway (S-Bahn) line S1 towards Düsseldorf to the stop Dortmund Universität (7 minutes).
- From Bochum Hbf take city-railway (S-Bahn) line S1 towards Dortmund to the stop Dortmund Universität (14 minutes).
- The "S-Bahn" city-railway line leaves in both directions every 20 minutes
- After arriving at "Dortmund Universität S" which is located at Campus Nord
you are in walking distance from building Otto-Hahn-Straße 12, as shown on the
a) Dortmund Airport
Please have a look at Dortmund airport
To reach TU Dortmund Universität you have the choice:
- a) Taxi:
After arriving at the airport Dortmund-Wickede take a taxi to TU Dortmund, or
"Technologie Park Dortmund" (this costs around 30 EUR).
- b) Public Transport:
It takes more than one and a half hours from "Dortmund / Flughafengebï¿½ude Dortmund-Wickede" to "Dortmund / Otto-Hahn-Straße 12".
b) Düsseldorf Airport
Here you can find information about Düsseldorf airport
Arriving there you continue the following way:
- Take city-railway line S1 (S-Bahn) towards "Dortmund Hbf". Leave the train at Dortmund-Universität.
- The S-Bahn leaves at Düsseldorf Flughafen Bahnhof Platform 5 and leaves every 20 minutes and takes 90 minutes.
- At Düsseldorf airport you buy a ticket price level D for 10.90 EUR.
- From Dortmund-Universität, you can walk to Otto-Hahn-Straße 12 (takes 10 minutes).